Handling Medical Negligence Cases During COVID-19 and Beyond Webinar
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
2:00 - 2:05 p.m.
2:05 - 3:30 p.m.
Juror Attitudes Toward Healthcare Professionals and Hospitals
- What the Research Shows: Focus Group and National Survey Results
- Tailoring Your Message to Jurors
3:30 - 3:55 p.m.
Shifting Standards of Care
- Standards Adopted Across States Regarding Gross Negligence and Willful Misconduct
- Reexamining Case Intake and Investigation
3:55 - 4:20 p.m.
Minimizing the Hero Defense Strategy
- What is the Hero Defense and Who Can Claim the Hero Designation?
- The Federal Rules of Evidence: Improper Character Evidence, Irrelevant Evidence, and More
4:20 - 4:30 p.m.
Question and Answer Session