Personal Jurisdiction Webinar: SCOTUS Gives Consumers Access to Justice in Ford Motor Co. Decision
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
2:00 - 2:05 p.m.
2:05 - 2:40 p.m.
A Victory for Consumers: The Ford Motor Co. SCOTUS Cases
- Background on Ford Motor Co. v. Montana and Ford Motor Co. v. Bandemer
- Jurisdiction Issues at Play
- Ruling: Which Activities Support Jurisdiction?
2:40 - 3:00 p.m.
Looking Ahead: Impact of the Ford Motor Decision
- Specific, General, and Consent Jurisdiction
- How Does the Ford Motor Decision Help Explain These Terms?
- How Will This Decision Affect Other Cases?
- Furman v. Goodyear
3:00 - 3:20 p.m.
Consent Jurisdiction: What's on the Horizon?
- Details on the Issue Being Fought Around the Country
- How Consent Jurisdiction Decisions Could Reshape Personal Jurisdiction Law
- McCall v. Cooper Tire
3:20 - 3:30 p.m.
Question and Answer Session