Speedy Trials: The Essence of Trying Cases in a Short Amount of Time (Part 1) Pre-Trial Preparation
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
12:00 - 12:05 p.m.
Welcome Remarks and Introductions
12:05 - 12:30 p.m.
What Do We Know About Potential Jurors in the COVID-19 World?
- Attitudes Toward Jury Duty
- Attitudes Toward Damages and Liability
- Attitudes on the Pandemic: Key to Jury Selection
12:30 - 12:55 p.m.
What Will Litigation Look Like in the COVID-19 World?
- The Need for Speed
- Clarity and Simplicity
- Impediments to Communication
12:55 - 1:20 p.m.
Case Preparation - Settlement vs. Trial
- Experts and Lay Testimony for Adjusters
- Experts and Lay Testimony for Trial
- Transitioning from Settlement to Trial Planning
1:20 - 1:45 p.m.
The Trial Story: Editing Your Case for COVID-19
- Developing the Winning Story
- Using Adverse Witnesses Liberally
- Pithy Direct and Cross-Examination
1:45 - 2:00 p.m.
Question and Answer Session